Saturday, May 3, 2008

What a week!

I can not believe what a crazy week it was!! Greg went back to work on Monday--on swing shift. I don't think I remembered how much swing shift throws us off!! When he changes his schedule, I change mine as well. Rather than going in around noon and taking Brynn to one of the many sitters I have lined up--I go in around 10 am and she stays with Greg so I can be home when the kids get home from school. It's a great set up--until I realized that Greg has physical therapy two mornings a week and I had to teach Tues and Thurs nights with no one here to get the kids to their practices and games....add on top of that all the arranging I had to do to ask again for help from others to get my kids home, etc. I hate more than anything to ask people for help, but I have learned that sometimes you just have to do it. This has definitely been my year. I owe so many wonderful people a zillion favors that's for sure! I hope that I will be able to repay the favors that have been done on my behalf this year.

So, needless to say, I'm glad this week is officially over. Today was the kicker--I had to teach from 9:30-3 while Greg got to watch soccer and baseball! I am just so relieved that the class is over and I don't teach again until next "year" which starts in August.

Last week, Greg and I decided that it was time for a new digital camera. I had wanted to get Greg one for a split Anniversary/Birthday gift. (I know I hate split gifts since that is what I got all the time--Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday--but when your dropping a lot of cash--it works!--in fact, it's my Mother's Day gift too!! ha!). So this week we have been capturing the "action" shots we've wanted. We have big ideas with this new camera---hoping to spend more time taking pictures and maybe I'll finally dive into digital scrapbooking--something I've wanted to do for awhile. We love the camera!

Today while I was waiting for my class to start on campus--I was watching the families of the graduating class gather to watch the graduates walk across campus. They started blaring Pomp and Circumstance and I instantly thought--THAT IS GOING TO BE ME NEXT YEAR! It became a reality and something that I didn't think I'd want to do (walk in graduation) is now something I HAVE to do. I'm so excited to graduate! I know it's a little early and I have a lot of work ahead of me, but it's doable and what I witnessed today is going to get me through when it gets tough!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Glad you got a new camera--it is on my list too. There are a few other things that we NEED first. Glad you are done with school. I love watching my kids play sports too.