Today was a day filled with mixed emotions! Tanner was ordained a Deacon this afternoon. He had his interview with the Bishop this morning and then the ordination took place after church. Grandma and Grandpa Johnson came up from Springville, Grandma and Grandpa Butler came over from Mendon and Diana, Chad and their four kids--Josh, Megan, Matthew and Hannah came up from Mapleton. It was so special to have everyone here. Greg gave him a wonderful blessing. We had dinner with the Johnsons and then went over to the Butlers for dessert and visiting. The three younger kids are having a sleepover with their cousins. (It sure is quiet over here!) Today I was also released as the Young Woman's President. The Bishop called me in last week and told me so I had the week to prepare. I'm so glad I did--it was a tough week. I called all of my Laurels and asked them to please come to our activity on Tuesday--I was so happy to have eleven of the sixteen girls there. I took the opportunity to let them know that changes come and they are sometimes hard, but we move on, etc. I expressed my love for them and I think they had an idea what was coming (I had permission from the Bishop to do this!). It helped me to have some closure. I think it is hard to have a calling for three years and then all of a sudden you are just done. I know some people find out the morning of, so I was very grateful to have the week to digest the idea. It is bittersweet---with my school schedule this semester and everything else that goes on at our house, I can use the break....but I love those girls and consider them "mine". I will really miss that calling.
Painting Party with Caleb & Hays!
2 years ago

4 comments:
What a special day for your family! That's kind of ironic--you got released yesterday and I was called to be 1st counselor in the YW. I've never done YW and I'm soooo nervous! I may be asking you for some advice. :) That's great the bishop let you do that. I'm sure it was hard for the girls to lose you and it probably really helped them out to have that activity.
Oh Denise, I don't know how you did it all with your busy schedule when I was still in the ward and I know you just got busier since. I'm so happy for you, 3 years is a long time but I'm sorry you are so sad! Who did they put in? I'd love to know!!
What a special day for your family and nice you could have extended family there for the special occasion. Sorry about the release--sometimes it is so hard, but new callings will come and more learning experiences. I am in YW now and love it.
Congratulations to both of you! I'm glad they gave you time to prepare too. They will miss you!!!
Post a Comment