Friday, February 1, 2013

January Update

So much for trying to do at least one post per month.   My birthday was on the 2nd, I turned 44.  I know, I know, I don't look a day over 35 (hee hee).  It was a nice day--I was happy that the kids were not back to school yet.  I spent the day relaxing, reading and enjoying the kids home one last day.  I chose to go out to dinner with the family to Pizza Pie Cafe--we love that place, everyone is happy!  The rest of January was just yuck--freezing cold (below zero temps), lots of snow this past week, inversion and a little sickness (Tanner and Kaden).  Tanner is fighting off what he calls a bad cold, but to me it seems a little like a light case of the flu.  He sounds terrible, but won't stay home from school because he doesn't want to get behind.  Kaden had a sinus infection with bad headaches.  Hopefully they are on the mend soon.  My calling in church changed--I went from being the Sunbeam teacher, YW Girl's Camp Director and YW Coach to the YW Beehive Advisor.  This means I will now be going to Mutual on Tuesday nights.  I loved teaching Sunbeams, but I can love Beehives, too!  Church basketball has started--both Kaden and Tanner really enjoy playing church ball.  It is fun to go and watch.  We currently don't have a coach so Greg and Zach sit over there and try to give them some pointers.  Kaden is still going strong with his superleague basketball team, the South Cache Bulldogs.  Tanner started winter workouts for the MC Baseball team and Brynn is plugging away at Club Volleyball.  Greg took Kaden and Tanner skiing last night for the neighborhood ski night at Beaver Mountain.  They all had a great time.  Zach is currently looking for a second job.  They cut hours back at Icon and you can't really save much money on 12 hours a week.  He is hoping to find something soon.  We are also hoping February will be the big month for the mission call--the papers are with the Stake President and Zach meets with him on Sunday and hopefully they will be submitted that day or shortly after--stay tuned!!

No comments: