


Zach opened his mission call at my parent's house in Mendon (about 20 minutes away). We all met over there around 6:30 pm. We had a map hanging for people to make a guess and hang a post it. It was getting so exciting--on the way over Brynn said, "my stomach is feeling nervous"!! We had a nice gathering--seven of Zach's friends, five people from our ward, my parents and us. We had Greg's parents on facetime, Greg's sister on Skype, my sister on the home phone and my other sister on the cell phone. Zach was given the go ahead and started opening the envelope. He didn't hide the letter--he just went right for it. He said he saw where he was going right when he looked at it--he covered his face because he was so excited and he said he got really emotional and he didn't want to cry. When he read that he was called to serve in the New Zealand Auckland mission, I could not believe it. I seriously thought he was kidding! That is where he wanted to go--he has said that he wanted to go there for months. I was so worried he would not go there (I mean, really, what are the chances??). I was worried he would be disappointed with where he was called---I was so relieved!! He is so excited!! He leaves on July 4th and flies straight to New Zealand and goes to the MTC there. Zach wanted to get busy right away with the things he needs to do--he has an appointment scheduled for Monday to get his passport (we got the picture taken already) and he got his shots all up to date (he needed a new Td and Typhoid). This will be a fun four months as we get him ready to go and enjoy the time we have with him. You can watch the video of him opening his call
here.
No comments:
Post a Comment