Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Vacation

The day after Christmas, Greg's parents came up for a visit. When they got here, they announced that they were going to head to Sacramento the next day and wondered if anyone wanted to go with them (they had 2 available seats). Both Zach and Tanner wanted to go. After a little deciding (and some whining from Kaden), Tanner told Kaden he could go since he got to spend some time there in the summer. So--they all get packed, Katie brought Avery and some things they needed from Springville and they all left on Tuesday morning.

In our attempt to keep Tanner and Brynn entertained, I took them out to run errands, walk to mall, return a few things, etc on Wednesday. While we were out, Tanner kept saying he just wanted to lay down and go to sleep. I thought this was strange so I called the doctor to see if they could check him out. I was a little worried because he had been tired for a few weeks. So, we headed to the doctor. While there, Tanner got really sick--lightheaded when he sat up, felt like he was going to throw up or pass out, stomach hurt, throat hurt...yikes. They sent us to Logan Regional to have some blood work done. I called Greg and he met me to get Brynn and I took Tanner....while there, he just wanted to lay down. We went back to have his blood drawn and he just couldn't sit up straight in the seat they wanted him to sit in...they got him situated and started the draw and Tanner said--I'm going to pass out...and then he did! When he came too, he threw up too (luckily I had the bag from the doctors office). It freaked me out--watching him pass out and then be so upset after. I felt bad for him....he is miserable. We came home and tried to get some fluids into him (he is dehydrated) and nothing is sounding good (as far as food goes). We are so glad he is not in California right now!! Today we are waiting to hear back from the labs. His fever went up in the night and he was uncomfortable but he got some rest and a blessing from Greg and a friend. He seems to be doing a little better this morning. I'm hoping it is something as simple as strep throat and it just came on that fast??? Who knows! **most of the blood work came back looking good. We are still waiting for a mono test--although, I called the doctor today thinking maybe he should have his throat swabbed and checked for strep (since at the doctor he didn't have any of those symptoms I didn't even think he would have strep). So I took him in this afternoon and sure enough--he has strep! He is on antibiotics, still miserable but should feel better tomorrow--yeah. We should hear back on the mono test tomorrow. ***The mono test was also negative--yeah. He did however have low Vitamin D so we will be giving him Vitamin D to help his energy level.

Zach and Kaden are having a great time in Sacramento with Shannon and cousins. Shannon spoils them so much. They are going to a Kings game tonight and then should be heading home tomorrow. Zach doesn't want to miss the New Year's Eve Dance party he HAS to be at Saturday night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

mothers intuition is the best. I had a violent attack from strep like that 2 years ago and ended up passing out in front of my students while at school.
Hope he gets feeling better soon.