Zach graduated last night at USU Spectrum. We have really had a rough week (we being Greg and I!). Wednesday night was the Baseball Banquet. They really do a great job honoring Seniors and all of their accomplishments at these banquets...it was finally our turn (the banquets are typically pretty long). As I was getting ready, I felt a little like I was going to a funeral--it is just so sad that it is all over--done--no more MC Baseball for Zach. It was fun to spend one last evening with our baseball family and hear the Seniors pay tribute to their parents and coaches. Steve Hansen, the head coach, also retired so a lot of time was spent honoring him. He is a great guy and put so much time and effort into MC Baseball. I can't even imagine another coach taking over. Steve was also Zach's Superleague coach for many years. In my opinion Wednesday night was harder than Thursday night when they actually graduated! I thought I would be a wreck, but I held it all together pretty well. (I cried at the banquet but not at graduation). Greg's parents came up from Springville and my parents came over from Mendon to go with us. The graduation itself wasn't too bad (sorry but I'm not a big graduation fan--ha they get long and boring). We were able to take a few pictures after the graduation, but I'm sad that Zach had to turn in his gown before we could get any pics of him in it! Oh well--we made him wear his hat for a few :-) He was off to the all night party soon after that. Now what--now it is time to find a job, work and prepare for his mission. He turns 19 in October and can turn his mission papers in in June. It is exciting to know that he has so much ahead of him! Congratulations Zach--we are so proud of you!
| Zach looking around in the audience to find people he knows |
| Going up to give his name card to Rich Gittins (his pitching coach) before getting his diploma |
![]() |
| Zach and friends doing their little "sign"--most of them did this when they got their diploma and they all did it when they hit a double! Such cute kids!! |
![]() |
| Branson and Zach |
![]() |
| Zach and friends after Graduation--some had already turned in their gowns |
| The family with Zach after Graduation |




1 comment:
That is absolutely CRAZY!!! Zach was so little when we got married and now he's graduated?! Okay...I won't complain too much about my baby going to school all day, but I know it's going to go by so fast. I hate how life's like that--too fast. Well...congrats to him!! In a way, it's excited to move on and grow up, but really hard for you as a mom, I'm sure.
Post a Comment