This year we spent Thanksgiving Day with the Butlers in Mendon. My sister, Diana, and her family came up from Mapleton and then there was us with Mom and Dad. It was nice to all be together and visit. Dinner was great--Mom always does such a great job. A little while after dinner, Greg and the kids loaded up and drove down to Springville to visit with his family (some siblings came from out of state). I stayed here to go to a wedding on Saturday. I hate to admit how wonderful it was to have a little peace and quiet for THREE DAYS!! I love my family more than anything, but not having to do anything in particular for that long was heaven! I did a little Black Friday shopping, bought myself lunch/dinner, went to the wedding and reception, watched some Lifetime movies ;-), went to church and prepared dinner for when they got home. On Sunday, we all met in Bountiful to visit with my 99 year old Grandma (she will be 100 on February 29th). Greg and kids came from Springville and then Mom, Dad, Diana and her family and I drove down from this way. It was so great to see Grandma--it is so sad that we don't get to see her very much because of the circumstances. She lives in my Uncles' basement and he is NOT accomodating AT ALL for us to ever stop by or bring Grandma here. In fact, he told Mom that she will "never" be coming up here again. She was so happy to see us and we all had a fun visit. We took lots of pictures so I'll post some here later. Now we are back to the normal routine of work and school and getting excited for Christmas!

Denise and Grandma Dee (99 years old, turning 100 in February)

The Greatgrandsons
Josh, Kaden, Zach, Tanner & Matthew

Our family with Grandma Dee

No comments:
Post a Comment