This past week I've been going through one of those experiences "you go through when you are a parent" ....more specifically one that you DON'T want to go through. We all know how hard it is to see our kids struggle or go through tough things. When they are little, we have the ability to "make it all better" somehow--whether it's kissing the owie better and putting a band aid on it, helping them with a hard math problem, or helping them find a different friend to play with than the one who hurt their feelings.....it's different when they get big! Fixing broken hearts is not on my job description. No matter how hard I try to make it better---I just can't. I've cried countless tears and said numerous prayers that it will get better. I just want to take the pain away and let my boy know that I think he's the greatest and I love him more than he will ever know! I know that things will get better with time and he will be his ol' happy self again---but it's hard. Life is hard and going through hard things really does make us better people. I was driving to Ogden for work yesterday and thinking about this situation and how hard it is to not be able to fix everything.....I was reminded about the love our Father in Heaven has for each one of us. When we are hurting and in pain, He wants us to come to Him and He will comfort us. He loves us so much---I caught a glimpse of that love as I have been grieving for my boy and wanting to just hold him in my arms and let him know I love him so much and would do anything to make it all better. I'm thankful for these little tender mercies that help me to understand the love my Heavenly Father has for me--for all of us. Being a parent has it's ups and downs...and although we might be experiencing one of the downs right now---the ups are around the corner! Love your kids--hug them---laugh with them--spend time with them....they grow up so fast!
3 comments:
I love this post Denise...you are an amazing mom and wonderful friend.
thanks for the post. your such a good mom. Poor guy, teenage life can be so hard. It's so nice when those days are over, and yet being an adult can be just as hard.
You are such a fantastic mother. Just reading that post made me cry. I so never want to go through teenage years and aching for my children and having NO control over the situation.
I miss going out walking with you. We drove past our old house the other day. I thought of you and what an incredible friend you were to me while I was living there. Thank you!
Post a Comment