Sunday, June 6, 2010

Wow---it's been a long time.....

I don't even know where to begin to catch up! For a long time I didn't want to post anything new, I just wanted to honor Cindy...but I have realized that life is going on and I need to keep up with it! We are definitely staying busy. I'll just try to do a little catch up on each of us and hope to keep up better over the summer!
I'll start with Zach -- Zach finished up basketball and tried out for the Mountain Crest JV Baseball team. He made the team and had a great experience playing this year. He was a pitcher most of the season with a few opportunities in the outfield. One problem with the JV team--we are STACKED with both Sophomores and Juniors! There are a lot of great players so playing time was a little different than the Freshman year. The Varsity team played well in the State tournament and Zach really enjoyed traveling with them and being a part of that. They finished 4th in the State!! He is now playing on the Legion 'A' Red team with MC players (incoming Juniors and Sophomores). He will be traveling to play in Boise next week and has also been invited to travel with the 'AA' team to Eugene, Oregon in July. He is working as an umpire for Providence Baseball this summer---not sure he really enjoys it...parents and coaches can get pretty into it! Zach went to Prom with his friend, Maddie Maners, on April 24th. He had a fun time! It was definitely crazy watching him get ready and head off to the Prom--doesn't seem like that long ago when I was going to Prom! (I'm getting old!). Zach recently attended the Priesthood in Action camp--learning to be a missionary and will be going to EFY at the end of the month.


Brynn & Zach Easter Weekend

Zach and cousin Lila


Zach before Prom

Zach and Maddie MC Prom


Zach and some friends with their CrAzY glasses



All the boys at dinner



Sophomore baseball boys

Tanner has been playing tons of baseball too. This year he is on a traveling tournament team (Top of Utah Dodgers) as well as his Superleage team (Logan Grizz). He chose not to play rec baseball this year. It has been a little strange and he is realizing that after June 23, he will be done playing baseball. He has had a great year--we have traveled to quite a few tournaments-Mesquite, NV, St. George, UT, Spanish Fork, UT, Pocatello, ID and Idaho Falls, ID. At his most recent tournament in Idaho Falls--we were not able to go so he went up with a team mate. We were getting updates from the games from one of the parents. Tanner hit FOUR homeruns! Of course he does that when we are not there!! His team ended up winning all four of their games and playing in the championship game. They ended up losing and coming in 2nd place. We are all traveling to Omaha, NE for the big one that is going on during the College World Series. He is still hitting the puck around every once in awhile at the ice arena. In fact, last week, he played on Greg's team and made the game winning goal! Way to go, Tanner!! (I don't have any pictures of Tanner to post right now! But for the record...he is a lot taller than I am now!)


Kaden decided this year that it was just too hard to play baseball anymore. He really struggles seeing the ball. We signed him up and he was put on the Angels team....he didn't make his decision until right before the games started. He still likes to go to the games and cheer his team on. His coach even lets him help coach. The other day he was the first base coach and that really made his day. He loves baseball more than anything and I know he wishes he could be out there playing ball with his buddies. In May, Kaden ran in the Wellsville Mile again. It was scheduled for May 18th but it rained so they moved it to May 20th. I had to be out of town that day so he was really upset. It turned out that it POURED on the 20th. Poor kids---they ran in the pouring rain. Kaden also received an award for his achievement in Science at the 5th grade award ceremony. Way to go, Kaden! I was sad the day he finished 5th grade--I can't believe he is going to middle school next year. Sometimes I just wish I could stop the clock for awhile.


Kaden running in the Wellsville Mile




Kaden's Science Award


Brynn had a fun soccer season this year. She really enjoys it a lot--not sure we enjoy as much as she does!! She is a hustler and always gets to where the ball is fast. She had a lot of great saves as defender and moved the ball down to the goal as forward. She scored one goal this season and was oh so proud! She has been doing a lot of rollerblading lately and getting pretty good at it. She is so happy that it is finally nice weather outside so she can play outside. It won't be long before she turns 8 and is baptized! Wow--where does the time go?



Not quite sure what happened here????



Greg is loving his new assignment at work. We are all enjoying the weekends off and 8-5 hours. He is playing hockey again and loves that! He is also still doing his Tuesday night volleyball with the gang. Nothing can get in the way of Volleyball night!! He has been spending all of his "free" time painting our basement. It has really turned into a big project but he has done an exceptional job. Can't wait for it to be finished--get the carpets cleaned and move the furniture back in (in the next couple days). The kids are looking forward to having friends over again--as it is right now there is "nothing to do at our house"!

I was able to travel to Phoenix again in March to attend Cindy's funeral--thanks to my dear friend, Wendi. We had such a great time celebrating Cindy's life. I was honored to give a little talk at the funeral about our memories together. It has been so much harder than I ever thought to lose a friend. I think about her everyday. I have been staying busy with my jobs and the kids activities. I love watching a ball game more than anything. I'm just hoping the weather will stay warm and I will actually get to watch a baseball game without being wrapped up in a blanket.

So, that's a wrap up on what we have all been up to. I will try to update more often over the summer!!

2 comments:

Katie W said...

It's great to catch up with your family. You guys sure have been busy!!! BTW--thanks sooooo much for that book. It's really quite helpful. I'll get it back to you next time we're up.

Kimberlee said...

My gosh, when did your kids grow up? I can't believe I've only been gone for 2.5 years and I didn't even know that was Zach. I still think of him as the 10 year old he was when I met you.

You're a busy woman.