Friday, December 19, 2008

White Christmas?


We have been getting snow all day today! It is so fun right before Christmas. I remember it snowed a lot the last day of school before Christmas break last year, too. I didn't have to work today so I went out with Greg for a while--what a nightmare...two deputies got stuck in the snow and he had to pull them out (I thought it was funny---he stayed in the truck the whole time and stayed dry and warm while the two deputies were drenched!! I guess that is what Sergeants do!!). We both knew that Tanner was sitting in school dying to get out to shovel--he LOVES the snow and is the first one to shovel for us. He gets home from school a little more than an hour before the others so today he got home and went straight out to shovel. The snow slowed down a bit, started again and looks like it has calmed again. Zach's game in Pocatello was canceled (thank goodness), Brynn is at a Christmas party with her friends, Greg took Tanner and Kaden sledding and Zach and three of his friends are downstairs "hanging out". It is feeling more and more like Christmas around here (we love the snow now, we will all change our mind in about a month!). We are planning to go to Bountiful tomorrow for Greg's Mission President's funeral--we are hoping the snow will quit so we can make it.

2 comments:

Casey Moes said...

I'd be right out there snow-blowin' with Tanner. I loved getting outside to be in the snow(usually with a kid in the backpack.) I miss the snow. Looks fun!

katyvee said...

I was actually giddy from the dumping of snow today. Every time I went into a new room and looked out the window the flakes looked huger.. like snow, chunks.. instead of 'flakes'. Got me feelin' very merry. By the way.. glad you mentioned your blog-- I'm slowly trying to remember all of em and get them back up. It was SUCH a pain re-entering them. (DON'T erase all yours by accident. It's not pretty.) I'll get right on gettin' yours back in place this instant!!