Saturday, March 8, 2008

Greg's Accident

Okay I will probably get in trouble for posting this picture on the blog--but you have to see how bad Greg's ankle was!! He plays volleyball with a bunch of friends every Tuesday night at the church. He loves it and looks forward to it every week. At about 10:45 pm, I get a call from a friend saying, "Go to the hospital, Greg hurt his ankle and it is bad, it's broken" He went in an ambulance because he was in so much pain. It took me a while to process what was going on and I finally drove over to the church and got there before the ambulance arrived. Greg didn't want me to see him in that much pain so I didn't go in! I went back to the house trying to decide if I should wake one of the kids--should I just leave them all home alone asleep??? I didn't know what I should do, so....I went home and decided to wake up Tanner and have him come up stairs to sleep on the couch in case one of the little ones woke up. (I didn't wake Zach because he has a 6:15 am weight lifting class that he started this week and he has a hard time getting back to sleep after waking up). I thought---I'm going to be at the hospital forever (I figured he'd need surgery because it was so bad) so I better find something to do---I didn't have homework to work on, a book to read or work to do so I just went over to the hospital hoping it wouldn't be a long night. When I got to the ER, Greg was being sedated and they put his ankle back into place. They took xrays and we found out it was not fractured--that was good news! We went home--got Greg settled --and got to bed around 2:30 am. He doesn't see the orthopedic surgeon until Monday. We'll find out then if he will need surgery to repair ligaments and any other damage that may have been caused. As for now--he needs to keep his foot up (which he doesn't do very often!) and stay off his feet. It is driving him crazy to be down.

No comments: