Tanner turned 15 a month ago and has been asking to get his Learner's Permit ever since! He studied the book and took some practice tests---then Greg and I sat down with him and went over some things we wanted to make sure he knew. He just acted like he was an old pro! ha I took him down to the DMV to get his permit on Tuesday because there was no school. I think it is funny how they do it these days---really backwards. The student has to read the book on their own and take the test BEFORE they take Driver's Ed. I remember having to take Driver's Ed SO I could pass the test!! It is very common to not pass the test the first time--Tanner didn't pass the first time, but passed the second. He immediately wanted me to take him driving. Since he has never driven before, I told him he couldn't drive on the road until we practiced in a church parking lot. I loved both his and Zach's reaction the first time they step on the gas. Driving a car isn't exactly as easy as they thought it would be! Tanner did great--he drove around a while in the parking lot and then I let him drive home. He went out the next day with Greg on some busier streets...he drives to the bus stop every morning and I even let him drive to Walmart Friday! Am I ready for this???? Teenage drivers are another one of those things we deal with as parents that just about puts me over the edge!!
No comments:
Post a Comment