Tuesday, September 16, 2008

High School Musical


Tonight Kaden, Brynn and I went to see High School Musical at a community theater. We had such a great time! Back when I heard they were going to be doing HSM, I knew I wanted to take Brynn to see it. She loves it and listens to the CD on a regular basis (belting out the songs as loud as she can). I looked into buying tickets last week and then thought -- no I'm too busy to do that and she doesn't even know it's here so we don't need to go. Then I talked to someone who went over the weekend and she raved at how good it was. Greg and I went out yesterday and bought the tickets without telling them (Kaden had mentioned that he'd like to go too when he brought a flier home from school). I chose Tuesday night over Monday night because the older boys had Mutual tonight and last night was Family Night. Kaden had Scouts from 6-7 pm at the Church and Zach and Tanner had mutual at 7 so we dropped them off and picked up Kaden and told him we were going to Home Depot (not sure if you know but for the past 2 almost 3 weeks, we have been without a toilet in the upstairs bathroom and no floor!!). Oh--but before we left, I conned Brynn into letting me "practice" curling her hair while she ate her dinner. Then I said, you should change into something nice because we are going to Home Depot when we pick up Kaden (why she fell for that one, I have NO idea, but hey, it worked!). I had also asked Kaden to change into some clean clothes for Scouts. He looked at me funny but complied so it worked out! When we told Kaden we were going to Home Depot, he begged for us to drop him off at the house--he was seriously crying REAL tears, down his face. Greg looked at me and asked, should I give them to him (the tickets). He handed Kaden the envelope and he was looking them over and reading--"High School Musical--these are tickets, Dad" and we asked them for when and he read the date "September 16 - that's tomorrow--no that's TODAY" then I asked him what time and he yells "7:30" We asked if they wanted to go and they were so excited--I wish I had a picture of that! I did take a picture of them at the church--weren't they clueless, why would they think I'd want their picture at the church....Anyway--we had a GREAT night out while Greg went to Home Depot by himself! Brynn was so cute--she was singing along and even told me, "Mom, they are singing the songs wrong" I enjoyed every minute of it. When Greg picked us up he was in his patrol truck--I hadn't even checked the time, it was already 10:00 time for him to start working!

3 comments:

Lindee said...

i've never seen HSM but thats so cute that they were so excited! good job surprising them too!

Emily Hansen said...

Hi Denise. What a fun surprise. I really wanted to go too, but I couldn't work it out this time. I thought that HSM might be a good way to get my boys to a theater. I loved your post. This will be such a great memory for you to share. Aren't you glad you had Tuesday night free??

Cindy said...

Glad you got to go--sounds like fun. Sometimes it is worth it to take some time from our busy schedules and do something for our kids. They will never forget it.